The mission of MediaTech Institute is to provide educational opportunities in digital technologies, multi-media productions and entertainment industries that emphasize skills and knowledge that will allow the student to adjust through a lifetime of professional and technological change. We recognize that education is vital in developing skills needed for a productive society and essential in promoting the individual’s sense of worth, values, and high ethical standards. MediaTech Institute is committed to offering a quality education that meets the needs of our students and the needs of the digital technology, multi-media and entertainment industries.
We provide students with a comprehensive selection of academic curricula in digital technology, media recording as well as specialized areas enriched with instruction in general multimedia production, business structures and communications.
Our educational objectives are derived from our mission statement and the methods below will outline our overall educational purpose.
- To lead the student in the self-discovery process of clarifying and raising the individual’s goals and achievements commensurate with the student’s potential.
- To provide a framework and atmosphere of learning which will enhance the student’s ability to demonstrate ethical and moral values in professional, personal, and business situations.
- To strive for and maintain excellence in our program by systematically reviewing classroom facilities, lab equipment, curricula, faculty, and staff.
- To provide placement assistance for graduates and students through individual counseling and required coursework.
- To provide continuing education for our staff and to participate in industry awareness events.
- To work with students, through internships, to help supplement their respective studies with expert guidance from industry professionals.
- To extend our classroom walls by bringing the workplace to students through participation in a real production environment.
A LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT
As a veteran of the entertainment business for more than 30 years, I’ve had the opportunity to work with some great recording artists, filmmakers, and the technicians that brought their creative visions to life. As a musician, recording engineer and programmer myself, I’ve seen first hand how digital technology has forced a merging of the creative and technical sides of our business.
When we opened the recording school in 1999, our basic teaching philosophy combined the creative and technical sides. In fact, the name of our school, MediaTech Institute, was derived from this philosophy.
The best paying jobs are not going to those that just know computers, audio recording, or graphic arts; it’s those technicians that have a good grasp of all media. Today it’s almost impossible to create most digital media without having both creative and technical skills. No longer is someone’s job title just an artist or just a technician; their job has really become what I like to call a “MediaTech.”
The career opportunities are incredible for anyone that learns how to use the various digital media creation tools. Whether it’s a business operating out of a garage or an international media corporation, they all need MediaTechs. Whether they’re using a website to sell shoes or one to deliver the latest movie, it’s all about digital content creation and delivery. As you consider what will be the best education to prepare for your career, I hope you’ll think seriously about attending MediaTech Institute.
President, MediaTech Institute