MediaTech Institute is seeking highly qualified industry professionals who love their craft and are ready to share their experience with others.
The mission of MediaTech Institute is to provide educational opportunities in digital technologies, multi-media productions and entertainment industries that emphasize skills and knowledge that will allow the student to adjust through a lifetime of professional and technological change. We recognize that education is vital in developing skills needed for a productive society and essential in promoting the individual’s sense of worth, values, and high ethical standards. MediaTech Institute is committed to offering a quality education that meets the needs of our students and the needs of the digital technology, multi-media and entertainment industries.
Currently accepting resume and credential submissions for the following campus courses.
Houston Campus Faculty Openings
RECORDING ARTS DEGREE & DIPLOMA PROGRAMS
Intro to Audio Instructor (Mondays) – Currently vetting and interviewing course instructors to… Provide students an introduction to basic audio terms and concepts, the differences between diverse types of microphones, live and studio console use, and processors. Students will learn how to route input and/or output signals for small PA systems and the use of audio consoles/mixers and other processors in the studio. Topics include routing, auxiliary send and returns, and onboard processing.
Studio Techniques Instructor (Fridays) – Currently vetting and interviewing course instructors to…Teach students how to spend most of their time in the recording studio and be required to attend and manage outside-of-class recording sessions. Students will gain hands-on experience with music mixing both “in-the-box” and in the studio through analog consoles involving cues systems, DI boxes, and microphone setup techniques for various instruments like drums, guitars, bass, keyboards, and vocals. Topics include out-board signal processors and plug-ins.
Music Business Instructor (Tuesdays/Wednesdays) – Currently vetting and interviewing course instructors to… Provide students with an overview of the various aspects of the music industry and organizational charts editing the various positions and jobs involved in the music business. Students receive instruction and direction in starting a business in the recording industry with emphasis on business plans, networking, trade publications, and conferences. Students also learn the in’s and out’s of the songwriting profession and how to protect their creations with music copyright procedures, laws, and requirements. The students receive information on how to publish their work and the business of publishing and licensing concepts. Students are provided information on the roles and responsibilities of agents, managers, and attorneys in the music industry with an emphasis on industry professional fees and expectations.
The course also provides an overview of concert promotion, production including the planning of a tour, and the personnel needed to have a successful event. Students are given an in-depth introduction to record contracts, record production, and the diverse options in record label companies. Students receive lectures in music, radio, television, film, games, and advertising. Their learned skills enable them to work in any of these arenas. This course also provides insight on distribution and independent radio promotions.
DIGITAL FILM & VIDEO ARTS DEGREE & DIPLOMA PROGRAMS
VFX Instructor – Currently vetting and interviewing course instructors to… Teach basic foundations of Special Effects through hands-on training. Matte Painting, Stop Motion, Practical and Digital effects along with the basics of Photoshop Composition by creating hands-on still frame composite designs. Photoshop training will establish a digital basis to build upon for motion-based compositing and creating digital building blocks for use in programs such as Premier and After Effects.
Commercial Directing and Production Instructor – Currently vetting and interviewing course instructors to… Teach the set up of a virtual ad agency and produce a television or web-based commercial. Scripting, storyboarding, animatic, productions, and post-production will be required to produce a complete professional commercial. Producing and directing techniques along with job duties will be covered.
Audio for TV/Film Instructor – Currently vetting and interviewing course instructors to… Teach TV/Film that covers techniques and aesthetics for recording production sound, editing dialogue, sound effects, music, Foley, and preparing for the mix.
INSTRUCTOR CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Department: Faculty
- Reports To: Campus Director and Director of Education
- Position Purpose: To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in post-secondary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
- Job Duties
- Deliver high-quality training to students in a classroom setting
- Exhibit a passion for teaching by establishing a flexible environment that supports the students’ learning objectives and professional development, as well as engages students in the learning process
- Draw on personal experience to provide an industry perspective and active awareness of professional trends and opportunities
- Demonstrate your industry/professional abilities and share your knowledge with motivated, productive students
- Evaluate training effectiveness and refine the course as required
- Perform other job-related tasks, as necessary
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Participates in professional development as appropriate to the position.
- Actively participates in planning to assure students’ needs are being effectively addressed.
- Essential Job Functions:
- Teamwork: balance team and individual responsibilities
- Time management: able to complete job requirements in allotted time
- Dependability: responds to request for services and assistance
- Communication: effectively communicates with others
- Work Ethic: Displays an organized and results oriented approach, and motivation to perform without extensive direction
- Accuracy: displays high quality of work and level of accuracy
- Innovation: uses creative, solution-oriented approach to address problems
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience: Demonstrated knowledge and 8 years of industry experience.
- Education: Associate Degree or higher is required
- Skills: Strong commitment to student development and sensitivity to diverse populations. Ability to motivate and assist students in developing long-term goals and coordinate this effort with faculty, staff, alumni and recruiters. Exceptional organizational, planning, supervisory and interpersonal skills. Physical sitting, standing, moving about campus, computer use, and other motivation to complete necessary task.
- Job Type & Compensation:
- Part-time: $25.00 to $35.00 an hour depending on experience
- Full-time: Salary negotiable depending on experience
- Location: Houston, TX Campus – On-site (Required)
- Work authorization: United States (Required)
- Shifts: Morning and/or Evening classes available
- Note: This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed, it is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Employees are expected to follow any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor or other official regulations in compliance with Federal and State laws. Requirements listed indicate the minimum levels of skills, knowledge and abilities for the job, with preferred levels indicated. Job requirements may be subject to modification in order to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requests for accommodations must be discussed with Human Resources. All employment with the university is “at will,” this job description does not act as a contract of employment.
- MediaTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Email email@example.com and please include:
- A brief introduction presenting your qualifications to teach the course(s) of interest
- Your phone and email address
- Links to all of your relevant digital presence. (Personal Website, Facebook professional page, Social profile (Instagram, Twitter, etc.), LinkedIn profile, Music Linked Up Profile, Sound Cloud profile, ReverbNation profile, etc.)
- Your resume and/or portfolio as a PDF
Dallas Campus Course Openings
No positions available at this time.