THE JOBS LIST – JANUARY 12, 2021
brought to you by MEDIATECH CAREER SERVICES
STATE OF THE MARKET
GEARING UP FOR A BIG 2021!
With the vaccine rolling out, employers are preparing to make up for lost time in 2021. MediaTech plans on holding an in-person JOB FAIR at both the Dallas and Houston campuses sometime in March – STAY TUNED FOR EXACT DATE! In the meantime, now is the time to hit up employers as they plan for a huge return of activity in the coming year! While some employers run the same postings for months, many of these are worth applying to as the employer is collecting resumes till they are able to start the jobs safely. Other job postings represent jobs and gigs starting now. Anyone with questions about any postings or network events posted here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep in mind 2020 grads can still use their unused studio time! Although, we will need to accommodate the schedules of current students and classes, we can now schedule your owed studio time due to you! This is ideal time to use for booking clients/jobs. Contact the school to schedule your time but if you are booking a job, please also let me know at EMAIL BRAD HERE– Film Students, if you have a job you want to do in Live Sound or Studio I, let me know about this – we want to support you!!!
Despite the volatile COVID19 pandemic in Texas, we continue to see job listings for the media industries throughout the state. In particular, we are seeing an increase in remote / virtual jobs. These opportunities allow you to work from your own location, editing audio or video, creating animations and/or devleoping mobile applications and much more.
Every week, we revisit this Jobs Listing site, posting the newest resources and survivor jobs (including being a test patient for a new vaccine) below as well as providing data where your can also do some decent job hunting on your own via the AUDIO, VIDEO, GRAPHICS, & APPS links in the JOBS navigation above!
Things to do to increase your opportunities
- YOUR RESUME: Revisit your resume and highlight past experience & skills that are needed today such as working from home, have home studio, etc.
- COVER LETTER: Update cover letter to reflect current & immediate needs of employers. Feel free to send to your resume and letters to your free career counseling resource, email@example.com to proofread and edit!
- DIGITAL PRESENCE: Create or polish your online presence (Your Website, EPK, portfolio, social media accounts, LinkedIn, IMDB, Music Link-Up, ReverbNation, SoundCloud, etc.) NOTE, if you need a quick, easy and inexpensive one-pager Website, check out CARRD.com
- CREATE CONTENT: Develop new content such as b-roll, stock content & music to sell it or work on your own films, apps, animations, websites & music!
- BE SOCIAL: Be active on Social — Give you professional opinion, show-off your talents, build professional relationships and increase your network!
- In the meantime, below are resources you can use!
NETWORKING EVENTS, WORKSHOPS & SHOWCASES
Women in Film Dallas is now accepting applications for the 2020 Suzanne Dooley College Tuition Scholarship! This year, we’re awarding up to $3,000 in scholarship funds to a woman who is a full-time college student studying film, television or a digital media program at an accredited College/University. Applicants can be enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program. https://www.wifdallas.org/scholarships
PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK EVENTS PAGE TO STAY CURRENT EVENTS
RESOURCES YOU CAN USE
Check back regularly as we continue to add new helpful information.
- USA.gov COVID-19: VERY Extensive List of Federal Government Support & Resources
- CARE ACT: The Current Government Relief act
- Independent Contractors & Gig Worker: Check if you qualify for benefits!
- Texas Health & Human Services – COVID-19: What is Texas doing
- Center for Disease Control & Prevention – COVID-19: US Medical Information
- Coronavirus Self-Checker: Check Your Symptoms
- Texas Workforce Commission : Filing Unemployment – Keep trying, experiencing high call volume.
- D/FW Hiring: List of companies hiring in Dallas / Ft. Worth
- Houston Hiring: List of companies hiring in Houston
- Online Cash Ideas: Get paid to surf and get up-to-date on your utilities
- Online Gigs: Remote Casting: Earn $1,000 to Film a Healthcare Vignette Video + More Gigs You Can Do From Home
- Unemployment in COVID-19 Q&A: General Questions and answers to maneuver the COVID
- Administration for Children & Families – COVID Resources: Federal Resource for Families
- UnitedWays – 211.org: Federal-State-Local Benefits Finder 211 or Dial 2-1-1
- US Small Business Administration: SBA Guidance & Loan Resources in COVID-19
- Landlords & Tenants: A good article on understanding the unique circumstances facing landlords and tenants.
BILLS / PAYMENTS
- United Way: Search for your community United way. Some community United Ways are assisting with bill payments, shelter, food.
FOOD / GOODS / NEEDS
- What is in Stock: Search for a product to see prices and availability in nearby stores.
INDUSTRY SPECIFIC JOBS / HELP
- AFM UNION DFW | AFM UNION Houston: American Federation of Musicians
- IATSE: International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees
- Backstage Resources: Online / Work From Home Gigs – Voice-Overs, Auditions, TikTok Videos, Social and more,,,
- Hypebot: Sign-up for daily and/or weekly e-newsletter. GREAT resources.
- Miama New Times Resources- Music Relief Funds
- Music Professionals Help
- NRP Resources – Fans Supporting Artists
- Rolling Stone Resources – Support Artists
- Billboard Resources: Music Companies Giving Back, Music Professionals Help
- Spotify Artist Fundraising Pick
- Freelance Artist Resources CERF+
- Grammy MusiCares: Independent Contractors, Sole Proprietors & Self-Employed Individuals
- SONA: Songwriters of North America
- Covid19 Freelance Artist Resource
- I Care If You Listen
- Actors Fund
- Fueling Musicians: Joe Bonamassa’s Keeping the Blues Alive Foundation “Fueling Musicians” Covid-19 Relief Program
- MusicForRelief – Entertainment Industry Foundation
- Musicians Foundation
- Sound Royalties
- Sweet Relief
SURVIVIAL / IN DEMAND JOBS
Become a test patient for COVID-19 Vaccine – PAID!
This was mentioned on numerous local tv news broadcasts and is taking place around the country.
Grocery Stores, Distribution Centers/Warehouses, and Delivery Services.
- Wal-Mart Jobs in Dallas: Stockers, Sales Associates, Warehouse – Ft. Worth
- Costco: Jobs at Cosco
- Target: Warehouse – Denton & Midlothian , Jobs at Target
- Kroger: Jobs at Kroger
- Tom Thumb: Jobs at Tom Thumb
- Sprouts Distribution Centers: Jobs at Sprouts Distributions
- Sprouts Stores: Jobs at Sprouts Stores
- Whole Foods Stores: Jobs at Whole Foods
- HEB/Central Marke: Jobs at HEB
- Amazon: Warehouse – Ft. Worth – $15-$17./hour
- Fresnius: Warehouse – Coppell
- UPS: Warehouse – Dallas
- FCA: Warehouse – Carrollton – $15.78/hour
- Uline: Warehouse – Coppell – $18-$25/hour
DRIVING JOBS – Amazon Contract Drivers
- Fusion Logistics: Farmers Branch – $15./hour
- OnPoint Delivery, LLC : Farmers Branch – $15.50 an hour
- Shandy Holdings LLC (Amazon Contractor): Dallas – $15.00 – $15.50 an hour
- Lone Star Logistics and Delivery: Dallas – $15 – $16 an hour
- Blue Nova Logistics: Garland – $15 – $18 an hour
- Titanic Logistics, LLC : Lewisville – $15 an hour
- BoxAPorter: Garland – $15.00 – $15.50 an hour
- THE! Staffing Company, Inc. (weekends and evenings) (214) 334-5828
Waitstaff, bartending, kitchen, security, DJ’s President – Shan Claudio firstname.lastname@example.org Viki Hall Staffing – *The* largest high-end Event Staffing Company in Texas! Operating for over 20 years, we hire enthusiastic bartenders, wait staff, hostesses/hosts, and other food and beverage personnel for upscale events in the DFW Metroplex. This is a great job for anyone who’s going to school, has another job, or for anyone who would like to pick their own schedule – Our system allows you to work when *you* want! Prior Food and Beverage experience is great, but we offer training for those looking to break into this industry. Please apply at: http://vikihallstaffing.com/employee-application/
- Chick Fil A – (Mon-Sat 10am10-pm) Scott Mayes – Restaurant Operator 7850 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving 972-432-0101
- Pollo Campero (apply in person) 12885 Josey Ln, Farmers Branch, TX 75234 (972) 243-2482