CAREERS – FRONT DESK
Front Desk Receptionist – AM Dallas Campus
Seeking personable & professional AM front desk representative for a high energy, creative environment. MediaTech Institute is a digital arts college offering programs in Recording Arts, Digital Film & Video, Animation & Visual Effects, Makeup Artistry, Acting for Media, Mobile Apps and Web Design & Development with campuses in Dallas & Houston, Texas. We are currently seeking a daytime front desk receptionist for our Dallas Campus.
- The Front Desk is the first point of contact for anyone visiting our Dallas campus studios.
- On any given day, you may be greeting an award winning screenwriter, a legendary recording artist or a future chart-breaking producer.
- As the daytime front desk receptionist at MediaTech Institute, you will be setting the first impression for guests as well as setting the day-to-day tone for our students, staff and faculty.
- Our Front Desk Reception position is a springboard entry level position for many of the department paths at our college as we strive to promote from within, giving our employees opportunities to grow and succeed.
The following are an overview of, but not limited to, the requirements and duties of the front desk position:
- Open the facilities and have front desk and coffee / beverage station fully ready for the start of business hours.
- Greet, communicate and welcome students & guests.
- Maintain the Covid compliance station for everyone entering the studios and campus.
- Register new guests into the campus software and assist students, faculty and staff as they sign-in and -out of the campus.
- Answer all incoming calls and redirect them as needed to the appropriate staff/faculty.
- Answer guest / student questions and assist them in finding the correct staff / faculty when appropriate.
- Maintain coffee / beverage stations & break rooms supplies, requesting reorders as needed.
- Maintain office supplies & merchandise inventory, requesting reorders as needed.
- Receive letters, packages and send them to appropriate destinations.
- Assist students in booking studio time and resolving booking changes and conflicts.
- Ability to multi-task is essential as you juggle phones with the face-to-face needs of students, guests, faculty and staff. – Strong sense of situational judgement is required for:
a. Maintaining a positive and inviting atmosphere of the reception area via a combination of music choice & digital monitor content
b. Making appropriate and current reading materials available and accessible
c. Effective problem-solving and critical thinking to handle a fast-paced creative environment with a positive and professional attitude.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email your resume and a brief 1-2 paragraph pitch on why you are a good fit for this position.
EMAIL: cgivens at mediatech dot edu